Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
USA TODAY Golfweek is seeking an Sales Representative. This position Responsible for selling print advertising, often packaged with event tickets and hospitality, into a portfolio of over 30 professional golf tournament publications in national market. Utilize strategic implementation and marketing and an entrepreneurial approach for all proposed advertisements to be sold.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Sell print advertising into professional golf tournament publications with growing digital platform.
- Responsible for obtaining sales consistent with individual annual quota.
- Utilize aggressive selling approach to identify prospects and move them through the pipeline to closed business. Identify and maintain a list of qualified prospective clients.
- Contact potential customers via phone, email and onsite contact.
- Submit sales call reports utilizing Salesforce software.
- Attend industry tradeshows and events to meet new prospects and network within the business community.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to expand services to existing clients & generate more revenue.
- Participate in internal sales meetings for status updates on events.
- Work closely with Editorial staff to ensure that all customer requirements are being met.
- Monitor client AP status.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by management.
- 2-3 years of experience with a track record of success
- Preferably someone who has experience selling print/digital media and with at least general knowledge of sports and golf industry.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top