Sales Manager, Territory
The News-Press, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, has an exciting opportunity for a proven results-oriented Sales Manager - Territory to lead a world class sales team. Our sales managers excel in developing people, participating in the strategic sales process and work together with the sales staff to effectively develop solutions for our clients. As the sales manager for our local territory team, you will manage four outside sale executives.
As the Sales Manager - Territory you must possess a keen understanding of the marketplace with the ability to identify and develop emerging opportunities along with the ability to lead and motivate your sales team in a goal-oriented, high volume environment. We are seeking a leader who understands all aspects of multi-media advertising solutions and articulates the value these solutions bring to the community and its advertisers.
The right candidate will have proven ability to build relationships internally and externally as well as develop and implement innovative sales strategies to grow market share. A leader who excels in going on sales calls with clients as well as solo to develop and build relationships with clients and local business groups. Proficiency in the detail and application of a wide range of digital and print product solutions is essential in this role along with a consultative approach is essential in working with clients and the sales team in generating long-term sustainable account and revenue growth. You will lead the local sales team in building and moving a robust sales opportunity pipeline via 1:1 coaching and the use of Salesforce.com as a foundation.
In this role, you will:
- Consistently meet and/or exceed total revenue and digital revenue goals by providing leadership to sales team as well as holding sales executives accountable for achieving their goals.
- Coach and drive consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors resulting in marketing campaigns appropriate to client needs that produce results.
- Spending time in the field with sales executives building relationships with clients. Using the time to deepen relationships with clients and business groups as well as coaching opportunities with staff
- Develop and execute a clear sales planning strategy to meet objectives.
- Maintain and utilize deep understanding of market competitors including current clients, prospects and key trends.
- Lead the local sales team to maintain a forward, robust pipeline that ensures consistent goal achievement.
- Maintain a fully-staffed sales team of high performing sales professionals.
- Possess not only the ability to think creatively, but ability to lead the staff in the development of innovative ways to generate revenue from the many print, digital and interactive opportunities available.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum five years' sales experience required with two or more years' management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, collaboration and presentation skills and ability to implement initiatives within the team and company as well as customers
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance
- Adept at creating new revenue opportunities from synergies between interactive sales and print
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Prior experience utilizing a CRM system is essential; salesforce.com preferred
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top