Sales Manager, Automotive
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
TN Media is an integrated marketing solutions company that serves Tennessee businesses. TN Media is powered by leading Tennessean and national brands: The Tennessean, Tennessean.com, Nashville Lifestyles, Cars.com, Careerbuilder.com, Gannett Digital Marketing Services, and many others.
TN Media is looking for a Sales Manager, Automotive for the Nashville area.
The Sales Manager, Automotive will be responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions for clients and potential clients. In this role, you will lead all of our USA Today Network properties in Nashville in their sales strategies for the Automotive Segment. You will also be a part of an elite team of Auto leaders across Gannett working to develop company-wide strategies and maximize the use of data against this segment for strategic selling opportunities to grow revenue. In-depth knowledge of the Automotive industry is a plus but a proven track record of managing a segment and showing strong use of strategy to move the revenue needle is a must. Looking for someone that can demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity along with high level of strategy coupled with strong sales background.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure that your team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals.
- Spend time with AE's visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships.
- Develop a strong sales plan with team and hold staff accountable for achieving their plans.
- Provide appropriate direction and strategy to sales team.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the market and competition, including customers, prospects and trends.
- Consistently reevaluate client opportunities and potential based on current trends, changes in the market, etc.
- Drive consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors.
- Provide sales staff with appropriate coaching, training and monitor performance to address gaps and weaknesses,
- Identify and remove obstacles for top performance and advocate on behalf of the sales team to remove barriers to ensure achievement of company objectives.
- Communicate the vision, standards, strategy, and goals to your team.
- Hold weekly sales meetings that educate and motivate.
- Communicate World Class Sales vision and drive initiatives for positive, constructive change.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree. 3-5+ years sales management experience; 3+ previous digital sales experience.
- Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable key account environment.
- Ability to build and to manage a B2B sales organization.
- Strong communication (verbal & written), negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.Connect with us n LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & TheMuse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top