Sales Manager, Auto
The News Journal Media Group, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an experienced Auto Advertising Sales Manager who will be responsible for building and leading a high-performance sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to large, high potential advertisers. The Sales Manager must possess strong leadership and relationship-building skills and play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of advertising strategies, company-wide initiatives, as well as be accountable for enhancing the media company's brand. In this role, you will:
- Ensures our account sales force is driving new digital sales (by assessing and facilitating the use of best practices in solutions-based selling), up-sell of existing advertisers, while driving retention, and minimizing product cannibalization.
- Holds sales executives accountable to performance by reviewing digital metrics, including forecasting to maximize opportunities and determine areas for improvement.
- Develops staff through ride-along coaching, participating in client meetings, feedback, training and career path opportunities.
- Networks nationally, regionally, and locally to stay abreast of emerging auto trends, digital trends, rates and product solutions.
- Utilizes a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or comparable combination of education/experience and/or training.
- Minimum of three to five years' related experience including sales management.
- Knowledge of all facets of digital sales and marketing. Product knowledge must include targeted display, social, SEO & SEM.
- Strategic thinker and disciplined executor comfortable developing and making recommendations to senior management using and analyzing data.
- Territory sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market.
- Outstanding relationship skills with the ability to build rapport and trust.
- Strong communication, problem-solving, decision-making, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent presentation skills; advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a must.
- Must have strong time management and organizational skills; candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top