Come join the USA TODAY Network, a top global digital media company, which reaches more than 100 million people monthly through a powerful network of mobile & publishing properties. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever.
Town Talk Media Group, has an exciting opportunity for a digitally savvy and motivated Sales Manager to join our team. This is an ideal position for the proven Sales Manager who has successfully managed a sales team and now desires a new challenge. If you work well in an entrepreneurial environment, and have the track record, energy and dedication to manage and grow a winning sales team, then we want to hear from you. This is a position for a "working" Sales Manager, as they will have up to 5 local accounts that they will personally handle.
The Sales Manager is one who can "roll up their sleeves" and get involved in each salesperson's success, including demonstration, coaching, goal management and an effective transfer of sales knowledge, within the print and digital market.
In this role, you will:
- Grow market share within a designated territory or account by acquiring new business and increasing share within existing client base
- Display an understanding of the customers digital business needs, trends and patterns within specific verticals
- Recruit, hire, educate and train sales reps
- Drive daily activity management of the Sales team
- Coach and develop sales reps through demonstration, observation and feedback
- Ability to build "outside of the box" plans that will deliver ROI for customers (internal & external)
- Must identify current client needs to communicate the benefits of our audience based marketing solutions/possess the ability to sell the appropriate campaign
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent years of experience within the field, plus 3 years of sales management experience
- Digital Advertising Experience: SEO, SEM, PPC, google AdWords, etc.
- Proficient face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Utilizes a CRM system to manage day-to-day activities and stay abreast of details that require urgent attention
- Strong presentation & closing skills
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a competitive, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong working knowledge of digital and social media products
- Proven and verifiable success in meeting and exceeding team goals
Here's what we have to offer:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
- Market Research and Insights
- Base Salary Plus Commissions
- Tools for Success!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top