Sales Executive Key/Auto I
Account Executive, Automotive - Louisville
Courier Journal, a Gannett Co. Inc. company, part of the USA Today Network is an integrated marketing solutions provider. From print and online display ads to search engine marketing, social media and other online marketing services, we provide you with the best marketing solutions to reach your target audience.
Being a part of the Gannett family means that we are part of a leading media and marketing solutions company that reaches millions of people every day through our digital, mobile, broadcast, and print media. This role is responsible for selling multi-media advertising solutions to the local business sector with local or regional decision makers. The primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated account list and territory both through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while also increasing client satisfaction.
In this role, you will:
- Sell print and digital business offerings and demonstrate an understanding of these products in order to articulate our products and their value propositions to customers.
- Develop an understanding of the customers individual business needs, trends and patterns within specific verticals. Develop an understanding of account base and related industries.
- Develop and work a pipeline of potential customers' growth within existing base; produce accurate forecasts.
- Work with Client Solutions/Market Development to develop strategies at both the client and vertical level.
- Work with Account Manager(s), Sales Manager(s) and Client Solutions/Market Development to develop and deliver custom solutions that provide and deliver ROI to customers. Focus on delivering and obtaining long term commitments and campaigns.
- Maintain an awareness of revenue responsibilities and performance to goal.
Here's what you need:
- A Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent related work experience.
- 2+ years sales experience, previous digital sales experience preferred.
- Ability to identify the current needs of client base; communicate the benefits of our audience based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and then sell the appropriate campaign.
- Work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies.
- Must have ability to research problems and provide solutions.
- Requires an understanding of targeted industries and market as it relates to customers, prospects, and key trends. Strong understanding of digital media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Ability to accurately develop forecasts and manage pipelines.
- Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
- Ability to drive initiatives for positive, constructive change.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Word and PowerPoint) and time management skills.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
Here's what we have to offer:
Star Media offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, customer-focused and digitally driven team. We are an established local brand with a range of resources and customer solutions that no one in our market can match. In partnership with Gannett, our parent company, we offer trusted brands which allow our customers to connect and engage with audiences in new and innovative ways.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Star Media is building a team of highly engaged, talented employees who understand what it takes to win, and who want to build strong partnerships with the businesses in the communities we serve. We look for people who want to do more than just come to work every day, but who thrive in an environment of transformation. We expect initiative and reward innovation. We encourage continuous learning and offer opportunities for career advancement both locally and nationally. In 2014 Star Media and Gannett are investing in a new, collaborative work space in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, which is designed to facilitate creativity and cooperation in new and exciting ways.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an international media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top