Gannett/USA Today Network, is an integrated marketing solutions provider. From print and online display ads to search engine marketing, social media and other online marketing services, we provide you with the best marketing solutions to reach your target audience.
Being a part of the Gannett family means that we are not only the local market expert reaching most of Central Indiana readers every week, but also a part of a leading media and marketing solutions company that reaches millions of people every day through our digital, mobile, broadcast, and print media. This role is responsible for selling multi-media advertising solutions to the very critical local business sector with local or regional decision makers. The primary responsibility is to grow market share within a designated account list and territory through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while also increasing client satisfaction.
- Sell integrated marketing solutions in digital and print business offerings, and demonstrate an understanding of all solutions and is able to articulate our products and their value propositions to customers.
- Develop an understanding of the customers individual business needs, trends and patterns within specific verticals. Develop an understanding of account base and related industries.
- Develop and work a solid pipeline of potential customers' growth within existing base; produce accurate forecasts.
- Work with Client Solutions/Market Development to develop strategies at both the client and vertical level.
- Work with Account Manager(s), Sales Manager(s) and Client Solutions/Market Development to develop and deliver custom solutions that provide and deliver ROI to customers. Strong focus on delivering and obtaining long term commitments and campaigns.
- Maintain an awareness of revenue responsibilities and performance to goal at all times.
- A Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent related work experience.
- 3+ years sales experience, a strong work ethic with previous digital sales experience preferred.
- Ability to identify the current needs of client base; communicate the benefits of our audience based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and then sell the appropriate campaign.
- Work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies.
- Must have ability to research problems and provide solutions.
- Requires an understanding of targeted industries and market as it relates to customers, prospects, and key trends. Strong understanding of digital media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and maintain market share.
- Ability to accurately develop forecasts and manage pipelines.
- Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up-selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
- Ability to drive initiatives for positive, constructive change.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Word and PowerPoint) and time management skills.
- Salesforce CRM experience preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top