Sales Development Intern
- Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati, OH, USA Req #14429
Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
Our core values: Community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose and Belief in People. If you share these values, come join our family!
Sales Development Intern
In This Role You Will
- Responsibilities include receiving Inbound calls, providing excellent customer service, and creating records in our sales database.
- Research accounts, identify customer needs and requirements
- Source new leads through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls and emails
- Hold qualifying calls and then route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Team with channel partners to build pipeline for sales teams
- This role requires the intern to be present in Cincinnati
What You Bring To The Table
- Previous experience with business-to-business cold calling
- You must be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university with a preferred winter 2021 / spring 2022 graduation date. Rising Juniors and Seniors
- Competitive nature and a winning team spirit
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience with a CRM system such as Salesforce is a plus
- Current Student or Recent College Graduate
We offer an energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top