Sales Commissions Analyst
Manager of Sales Analyst
Reporting to the Manager of Sales Analysis, the Sales Commissions Analyst is responsible for calculating commission/incentive award payments to sales personnel based on commission plan provisions. Performs sale support needed for development, implementation, communication and administration of sales commissions or incentive programs, plans and quotas. Resolves reconciliation issues around payments. Maintain and/or audit information needed to track revenue. Analyze sales performance results, prepare commission reports/dashboards to sales and/or finance management. Typically uses spreadsheets, databases and/or ERP systems to gather data for payment calculation. Perform cost analysis or modeling of alternative commission/incentive plan design or quota levels.
Additional financial analysis includes providing actionable data regarding advertising budget/forecasts, eventual results, and trends. The analyst will be responsible for working with various groups to determine inventory availability and sales opportunities and then provide revenue forecasts based on that information. In addition, the analyst will support pipeline management using Salesforce.com and/or various order management/billing systems. This position will also be responsible for assisting Senior Management for ad hoc
requests, weekly forecasting, and annual budget planning and quota setting.
- Synthesizing large amounts of data into concise, actionable messaging and reporting
- Proactively monitoring sales data looking for trends, anomalies, and other insights.
- Analyzing revenue results and providing explanations for variances to forecasts
- General day-to-day support of sales staff and management
- Studying and learning industry news and trends and incorporating these into the business forecasts
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3+ years of work experience in Sales Compensation/Commissions
- 2+ years of experience working in an advisory capacity to senior management
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience in Media/Advertising required
- Robust analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with the ability to interpret and synthesize financial data and present in an accurate, concise, digestible and actionable manner.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top