The San Angelo Standard-Times, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking an innovative, motivated, creative and experienced Sales Assistant to provide administrative and sales support to the sales organization. Responsible for assisting sales staff and provides customer service /support to customers. Coordinates/executes internal functions. Handles key, large and/or complex accounts.
The qualified applicant must have excellent written and communication skills, be extremely organized and detail oriented. Applicant should have a friendly, can do attitude. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize duties assigned, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. This position requires a high level of professionalism and strong computer skills. Prepares sales presentations by compiling data and materials. Input sales tickets for reps, uploads creative to ATOL, clears creative for customer, customer service internal and external. Runs revenue reports for sales rep and managers.
- Provides world class customer service and support to accounts in support of the sales staff, and assists Account Executive(s) in achieving their monthly and quarterly objectives
- Coordinates and facilitates workflow to Account Coordinators - including customer schedules and art requirements
- Responsible for proofing ads with customer and/or Account Executive
- Checks inventory and fixed placement availability of Print and Digital
- Billing reconciliation
- Has a constant communication flow between Account Executive, customer, and Account Coordinators
- Plans, organizes & prioritizes workflow to meet team goals and deadlines
- Services, supports and performs day-to-day maintenance of customer accounts
- Conducts follow-up with customers on a regular basis in collaboration with sales staff
- Builds world class customer relationships and understanding of our customers business needs and trends
- Works closely with customers and Account Executive(s) to facilitate proposals, correspondence, and resolution of customer's issues
- Attends sales meetings and training to obtain sales, and product information and keep abreast of company products and services in order to articulate to client, when appropriate
- G.E.D./High School Diploma and/or Bachelor's degree preferred
- 2-3 years account service or customer service in a professional environment
- Account service and/or customer service experience in media industry is preferred
- Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadline
- Proof reading skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary with career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top