Rochester, NY, USA Req #6191
Thursday, February 28, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Sales Analyst is responsible for gathering, interpreting and disseminating key data points to support the sales team, and provide a recommended course of action. They extract and utilize data to identify start and stop trends, set projections and provide explanations for variances. Additionally, this position is working with data to identify challenges and opportunities that are available to improve the sales mix and retention.
A successful candidate must show initiative, have a self-starter mentality and use a structured, analytical approach to problem solving and always be on the lookout for process improvement opportunities. Candidate must show the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
This position will work as part of a nationwide team to provide analytic insights and build/run reporting on key data across all Gannett sites.
The role is based in Rochester, New York and will report into the Manager, Site Analysis.
- Work closely with the Consumer Marketing & Sales teams to compile, consolidate, and analyze data to support decision-making and executive presentations.
- Develop, recommend, and implement ideas and projects that will result in improved efficiency, productivity, quality, and operational savings.
- Communicate effectively and can clearly summarize and present findings to management.
- Create weekly, monthly, quarterly projections and annual sales volume and revenue budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (i.e. Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting)
- 2+ years of experience in analytics, data analysis and reporting
- Experience working with a sales team is a plus.
- Ability to convert findings in actionable recommendations and effectively communicate to others.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, advanced IF statements) and experience running queries against multiple databases.
- Ability to work with remotely, independently and via tele-conference with team members to achieve group goals is key.
- Must be able to manipulate large amounts of data from disparate sources and ensure accuracy and integrity of numbers.
- Strong desire for continuous improvement in how work and processes are done.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top