Sales Account Executive I (New Business Development)
SALES EXECUTIVE, TERRITORY
IndyStar (Star Media), part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Sales Executive, Territory. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
In this role, you will:
- Sell digital and traditional print advertising, through consultation with local and medium sized businesses in Indianapolis to help them increase their marketing ROI.
- Put the customer first – obsessing over the results and constant improvements of your client's campaigns.
- Grow market share by: winning new business, bringing back churned business and growing spend within current account base.
- Quickly assess and develop rapport and credibility around the customer's business needs & goals.
- Develop & execute quarterly sales plans to exceed goal.
- Manage sales pipeline and activity via Salesforce CRM to meet weekly performance metrics.
- Meet with at least 10 prospects/clients per week and complete at least 50 outbound prospecting activities.
- Be proficient at articulating print and digital value.
- Thrive in an outside, high activity, dynamic sales role with a short sales cycle and quick wins.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We'll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We'll equip you with the region's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Quarterback a topnotch team: Receive excellent support from an account manager, a digital marketing expert, and more.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You are a relentless hunter and have experience in building a book of business from the ground up.
- You're a battletested competitor with the war stories to prove it.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You're the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You're a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You possess 2+ years of outside sales experience.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental AND Challenger sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
- Customer first attitude and motivation
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top