Sales Account Executive, Digital
The El Paso Times, a Gannett Company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK are seeking a Digital Sales Account Executive. This position is responsible for growing advertising market share through heavy prospecting and strategic selling. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and winning.
In this role, you will:
- Sell multi-media advertising solutions while acquiring new business and growing existing client base within a designated territory, demonstrate an understanding of these products and articulate the value of those products to our customers.
- Develop an understanding of the customer's individual digital business needs, trends and patterns within specific verticals.
- Develop an understanding of account base and related industries.
- Work with multi-media Account Executives, Sales Managers, Client Solutions, and/or Market Development to develop and deliver custom solutions that provide and deliver ROI to customers.
- Focus on delivering and obtaining long-term commitments and campaigns.
- Utilize sales tools and research to articulate value of Company offerings.
- Maintain an awareness of revenue responsibilities and performance to goal.
- Develop and works a pipeline of potential customers' growth within existing base; produces accurate forecasts.
- Sell digital business offerings and demonstrates an understanding of these products and is able to articulate our products and their value propositions to customers.
- Strategize with team members to plan and execute multimedia-marketing plans. Collaboratively develops and executes strategies to gain digital market share within specific verticals.
- Utilize a CRM system to manage day-to-day activities and stay abreast of details that require urgent attention.
- Understand market competitors and executes strategies for selling against the competition.
- Work with Account Managers, internal departments and vertical specialists. Works with Account Executives to identify and communicate opportunities as it relates to new business and existing accounts.
- Manage time as it relates to focus on sales related activities and utilizes support staff to handle most non-sales related activities. Has an understanding of their assigned territory/market as it relates to customers, prospects, key trends etc.
- Increase market share by gaining new business and growing existing client base through aggressive face-to-face sales calls, up-sells, appointment setting and cold calls with customers and/or potential customers. Executes the 5-Step Sales process that includes: 1. Plan & Prepare, 2. Evaluate Needs, 3. Build the Solution, 4. Present and Close, and 5. Follow Through.
- Primary contact with customers for tasks including: Presentations, needs analysis, annual/quarterly campaign proposals and contract discussions.
- Communicate with Account Manager(s), Sales Manager(s), vertical specialists and internal departments to resolve issues as they pertain to strategy and execution. Communicates customer needs to Account Manager so that client presentations can be created.
- Drive initiatives for constructive change and looks for opportunities to encourage others to become agents for change.
- Work to build a consensus with sales support, sales management, vertical specialists and other internal departments regarding strategy and execution of results oriented advertising plans.
- Seek out mentoring and coaching opportunities.
- Adapt to change; is an agent for change.
- Work to build "outside of the box" plans that will deliver ROI for customers (internal & external).
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years sales experience and a minimum of 1-3 years previous digital experience required.
- Extensive understanding of territory and market as it relates to customers, prospects, and key trends.
- Ability to identify the current needs of client base; communicate the benefits of our audience based marketing solutions as they relate to each need and then sell the appropriate campaign.
- Strong understanding of digital media platforms.
- Able to work through objections/concerns regarding costs, budgets and selling strategies.
- Intense understanding of digital media platforms and digitally savvy. Proficient in face-to-face sales calling including up selling, appointment setting and cold calling.
- Demonstrated record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment; in building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
- Know how to grow and maintain market share.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary with uncapped commissions and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top