Cincinnati, OH, USA Req #18747
Friday, October 8, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Sales Executive role requires a highly personable, intelligent individual with the ability to lead digitally focused strategy and sales efforts while maintaining an energetic, strategic and entrepreneurial spirit.
As a LocaliQ Business Sales Executive , you'll partner with clients to provide a broad set of solutions to include:
- Build Their Presence: Website, SEO, Local Listings, Reputation & Social Media
- Drive Awareness & Leads: Search Engine Marketing, Social, Display, Video, and Mobile Advertising
- Grow Audience and Connect: Brand Content Solutions, Social Media Marketing
- Manage Leads and Customers: Lead Alert, Engagement and Tracking Tools
- Know What Works: Reporting, Mobile Tools, Insight Solutions
- Emerging technology such as Virtual and Augmented Reality
As a Marketing Solutions Sales Executive, you will:
- Be equipped with the nation's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers
- Develop partnerships with large local and regional businesses to assist them in reaching their goals through integrated marketing plans and comprehensive media solutions
- Identify customer needs to develop and execute account plans and custom client solutions that differentiate LocalIQ and the USA TODAY NETWORK from competitors
- Help businesses maximize their online presence with a custom approach to digital marketing
- Leverage multiple LocaliQ and USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal client solutions across our suite of products, with an emphasis on digital
- Pursue and close new business and revenue streams
- Retain, manage, and grow clients in the ever-changing digital landscape
- Work within a team to manage the client relationship and retain and build account revenue
- You will identify and understand market potential, develop and execute sales strategies across multiple platforms, including digital, mobile, targeted niche publications and the core newspaper
- Articulate and present our suite of products to business decision makers
- Communicate with customers proactively via phone, email and in person
- Conduct face-to-face customer meetings, presentations, proposals and demonstrations
- Manage a specified sales pipeline and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success
- Conduct client check-ins, upsell/cross-sell accounts, and address client market share concerns
- Utilize CRM (Salesforce) effectively and efficiently recording all sales activity
- 2 to 3 years' experience in a high acquisition, consultative, B2B sales role
- Aptitude or acumen for Digital Marketing
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent practical experience
- Passionate solution-seeker
- Competitive nature and a winning team spirit
- Problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to continuously learn, try new things and adapt to change
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- This role requires a valid driver license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by law
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.