Retention Marketing Specialist
The Retention Marketing Specialist position is responsible for managing cross-channel subscriber retention programs and campaigns that enable greater retention rates and increased consumer revenue.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: the day-to-day coordination and execution of cross-channel subscriber retention programs. The Retention Marketing Specialist is also responsible for effective communication with all stakeholders across the network and ensuring the program execution occurs on time and within the quarterly expense targets. The work of the Retention Marketing Specialist contributes to local sites' success in achieving subscription volume goals.
Additional duties include:
- Lead the collaborative efforts to develop, implement and continually improve the communications lifecycle of a subscriber through email, direct mail and telemarketing subscriber touchpoints.
- Own the strategy and execution of the retention touchpoints and optimize the subscriber retention channels using multi-variate testing (ad copy, creative and format, offer, list targeting, calls to action, landing pages).
- Work closely with the individual newspaper(s) and the Hub and Group sales teams, Customer Insights, the Loyalty & Membership team and the creative/campaign deployment partner, as well as with the direct response team, to achieve an overall improvement in subscriber retention.
- Establish quantitative and qualitative measures for subscriber retention strategies, increasing customer lifetime value and subscriber retention.
- Position requires candidate to have knowledge of direct marketing tactics and trends, good written and verbal communication skills, strong analytic abilities and problem solving capabilities.
- Make data-driven decisions around marketing effectiveness and spend across channels to drive the lowest cost of retaining subscribers.
- College degree or experience in lieu of a degree
- Ability to Develop, implement and manage the subscriber retention touchpoints, including restart and win-back efforts, across the direct response channels, including email, direct mail and telemarketing.
- Ability to Optimize the subscriber retention marketing initiatives, from identification of opportunity through establishment and launch of a testing plan based on multi-variate strategies.
- Ability to Establish quantitative and qualitative measures for subscriber retention strategies, increasing customer lifetime value and subscriber retention.
- Ability to Communicate plans and results across all stakeholder groups
- Ability to multi task and work with a cross functional team
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top