Reporter - Sports
The Carlsbad Current-Argus, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is hiring a reporter!
The ideal person leads in content creation and optimization and has primary responsibility for ensuring quality sports and outdoor recreation content across digital and print platforms. Applies story-telling expertise to ensure high quality content with a focus on video, narrative writing, photography, alternative story forms and story presentation.
The role requires:
- Beat writing: prep sports, community sports and semiprofessional coverage
- Analysis and column writing skills
- Line editing and co-editing of daily publication; editing for clarity, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style
- Willingness and interest in covering outdoor recreation and non-traditional sports topics
- Experience in video and photography
- Coordination with planning editor in content for print and online publication
- Good news judgment and experience in breaking news coverage
- Other duties as necessary
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top