Reporter, Gallatin News Examiner/Sumner County
The Gallatin News Examiner, part of the Gannett Co./USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a multimedia reporter to cover government, business and breaking news in Sumner County, Tennessee, for this digital daily and print twice-weekly news operation, under the umbrella of The Tennessean in Nashville. The reporter produces high-value digital content with visuals, including breaking news and enterprise stories that provide context and analysis.
Typical Job Duties:
- Creates storytelling that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms through the use of metrics. Works toward becoming the community's leading voice in area of expertise.
- Connects with the community through storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.) Provides thoughtful analysis of complex issues.
- Works with the Editor and the Regional News Director to evaluate what's working and what's not, and develops ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Captures photos and video as needed to illustrate stories.
- Posts content to appropriate social media channels and leverages social media as a newsgathering tool.
- Promotes personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand.
- Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
- Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
Gannett provides a great work environment with a number of benefits to include medical, dental, vision insurance; 401k plan; paid vacation, along with a number of additional benefits. Qualified candidates should include cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top