Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Naples Daily News in beautiful and sunny Southwest Florida is seeking a versatile, energetic and curious reporter to cover Collier County. The reporter must be comfortable producing breaking news, enterprise and human-interest content across our digital, social and print platforms. His or her work will appear regularly in at least three publications: Naples Daily News, Collier Citizen and the News-Press, with the chance of being featured in others.
The position requires some evening and weekend shifts. The position is ideal for aspiring young journalists wanting to kick off their career as a general assignment reporter, but all candidates will be reviewed.
What you will do:
• Creates storytelling that accurately informs, entertains and engages specific audiences and platforms through the use of metrics.
• Connects with the community through storytelling and outreach (social media, on camera, forums, community leadership, etc.)
• Works with editors to evaluate what's working and what's not, and develops ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
• Collaborates with content team to provide all the appropriate elements for stories (i.e. photos, videos and graphics).
• Provides thoughtful analysis of complex issues. Promotes personal brand, the brands of colleagues and the institutional brand. Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
What skills you need:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or communications.
• Skilled in social media, public records and have a solid understanding of how county government works.
• Ability to self-generate ideas and weave them into stories about real people.
• Ability to shoot pictures and videos, and write cleanly, with an adherence to AP style.
• Self-motivation and self-direction.
• Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
• Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
• Works collaboratively within a cross-functional environment.
• Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals.
• Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top