Florida, USA • Palm Beach, FL, USA Req #17499
Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Palm Beach Daily News, which is part of the USA TODAY Network, is seeking a general assignment reporter to cover the island of Palm Beach. This staff writer will be able to cover a broad range of issues -- community stories to breaking news to enterprise stories to watchdog articles. Candidate must be curious, self-motivated and aggressive in pursuing compelling stories that resonate with readers. The successful candidate will have digital reporting skills and be comfortable with video, requesting public records and analyzing data. May include some weekend and evening work.
• Will be skilled at reporting and writing.
• Will write multiple stories per week, including features, breaking news and meeting coverage; must be able to generate story ideas.
• Must be able to shoot production-quality photographs.
• Must have strong knowledge of AP style and be able to write and edit stories for grammar, spelling, content and libel.
• Must be proficient in social media.
• Must be able to develop and maintain relationships with public figures.
• Demonstrates a consistent effort.
• Responds to emails, texts and voicemails in a timely manner.
Here's what you need:
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent.
• Ability to write clear, compelling stories that engage our audience.
• Understanding of social media and how to engage audience on digital platforms.
• Ability to multitask and excel under deadline pressure, using time efficiently.
• Skill at collaborating in a cross-functional environment and adapting in a rapidly changing industry.
• Ability to work well with people and build relationships in the community.
• Valid driver's license.
How to apply
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
Your resume- include references.
Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you've produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top