Reporter - Auto Industry
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Tennessean is seeking an experienced reporter to cover the region's fast-growing auto sector.
Equal parts business reporter and branded personality, the reporter chosen for this position would be the face of The Tennessean's auto coverage in Nashville. She or he would be charged with raising the profile of our coverage of an industry that employs more than 130,000 Tennesseans and accounts for almost $23 billion in foreign investment. The successful candidate will be someone who can do on-camera news hits, moderate panels and balance breaking news stories with smart analysis and feature pieces.
The writer who joins our award-winning business team will have video and social media expertise, and a passion for storytelling.
The ideal candidate produces smart, context-filled stories and other content on tight deadlines and understands the difference in writing for various platforms. This position requires a versatile journalist equally skilled in building and working sources on breaking news stories as well as developing and reporting new angles on trending topics.
The successful candidate will:
- Report and deliver a steady stream of news stories to growing audience that looks to The Tennessean as the definitive source of auto news in Nashville and across the state.
- Put a human face on the news, approaching the beat in a manner that will connect with families and industry insiders alike.
- Bring a digital mindset to the beat, using social media savvy to bring news to readers where they are. That means employing real-time metrics to respond to audience demand and reader interest.
- Use live video to spotlight breaking news and high-interest events.
- Provide thoughtful analysis of complex issues, and produce watchdog journalism that leads to change.
- Act as a public ambassador through community outreach and connect with readers through social media platforms.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related discipline
- At least five years of reporting experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed content in a competitive environment
- Expertise with all major social media platforms
- On-camera experience a plus
About the Tennessean: The Tennessean is proud to be a part of Gannett and the USA TODAY NETWORK. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a news team committed to covering Middle Tennessee. If you're looking for a rewarding challenge, the Tennessean, among the fastest growing digital news sites, is the place to be.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top