Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The USA TODAY NETWORK Tennessee is seeking talented, energetic Reporters with strong entrepreneurial skills and at least three to five years of experience to join our team. Must be urgent, a quick learner, social media and video savvy, and have a passion for storytelling.
In this role, you will:
- Research, write and report on compelling journalism that continuously grows a fan base by informing and engaging readers.
- Acts as a public ambassador through community outreach and connects with readers through social media.
- Use live video to spotlight breaking news and high interest events
- Provides thoughtful analysis of complex issues. Produces watchdog journalism that leads to change.
- Uses real time metrics to respond to user demand and reader interest
- Works with newsroom leaders to shape storytelling to meet audience needs and interests on every platform.
- Contributes to the community's greater good through impactful journalism.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism
- Experience working for an online-only news website, newspaper or magazine
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to write accurately and detailed
- Experience with video production and editing
- Must be able to work well on deadline
Please include a variety of clips - no more than six - showing beat reporting and enterprise on different digital platforms.
Gannett provides a great work environment with a number of benefits to include medical, dental, vision insurance; 401k plan; paid vacation, along with a number of additional benefits. Qualified candidates should include cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen.
About USA Today Network - Tennessee:
We are part of Gannett and the USA TODAY NETWORK and among its fastest growing digital news groups. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a news team committed to covering Tennessee and beyond. If you're looking for a rewarding challenge, the USA Today Network-Tennessee is among the fastest growing digital news sites and the place to be!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top