Regional Sales Manager, Digital
Austin, TX, USA Req #7406
Tuesday, March 5, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
ReachLocal is leading the charge by arming local businesses with the online marketing solutions they need to take advantage of the Internet. And to keep up with our explosive growth, we're looking for an ambitious and motivated Regional Sales Manager to drive aggressive sales revenue.
This position requires someone with a strategic mindset and a tactical approach. In this role, you'll be on the front lines leading an established sales force to develop relationships with SMBs in your local market. This is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to provide a service that businesses really want and need, something you can truly believe in and be passionate about.
Ever sold a product or service you didn't believe was an asset to businesses in your local area? You won't find that here. Our market-leading portfolio includes:
Search Engine Marketing (PPC)
- Display Advertising (Banner Advertising)
- Web Presence Optimization, including services for Organic Search, Social Media Marketing and Reputation Management
- A wide range of business services, including Online Chat, Video Production, and Analytics
If you're a razor-sharp entrepreneur and an assertive sales leader with experience in online marketing and social media, you might be just the person we're looking for.
Job Skills & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire and develop sales professionals and future leaders of ReachLocal in your local area
- Increase ReachLocal's customer base and revenue by targeting, acquiring, and retaining clients
- Represent ReachLocal and champion our brand through strong customer service, networking, and community involvement
- Develop and strategically execute a plan, identifying and prioritizing target verticals and key accounts throughout the local market
- Train and develop a sales force on the principals of planning their day-to-day call cycle, including prospecting and consultative selling
- Manage operational functions of the office and report sales metrics, growth, retention, anticipated churn and other critical data
- Conduct weekly sales meetings, highlighting training topics, concerns, recognitions, and accomplishments
- Minimum 3+ years experience managing a team of 15+ outside sales representatives in the local marketplace
- Proven track record of successfully selling in a true business development role to small-to medium-sized businesses
- Detail- and process-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be passionate about the Internet, Digital Media and Social Media with the desire to learn more and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- College degree desirable but not required with comparable sales experience
- Online media sales experience preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary and performance-based income
- Stock options
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
About ReachLocal, Inc.
Are you looking for a company that values innovation, passion, and a healthy work/life balance? A job where you feel supported and appreciated? At ReachLocal, we know our employees drive success, and we strive to create a thriving company culture where you'll enjoy coming to work every day.
Here, you can walk through the halls and bump into our CEO, catch an inter-office ping pong tournament, or support a local cause with your fellow employees. Are you ready to join a company where you can have fun and work with some of brightest people in digital marketing?
Our mission is to help local businesses all over the world reach more local customers online. As a leader in powering online marketing for local businesses, ReachLocal has been recognized for outstanding products and exceptional employees, having won Google's Quality Account Champion in North America and Google's Innovation Champion Award in Canada. Our CEO, Sharon Rowlands, has won countless awards, most recently the Gold Stevie Award for Female Executive of the Year in the 13th Annual Stevie Awards for Women in Business.
ReachLocal is headquartered in Woodland Hills, CA, with over 60 locations throughout the United States, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Japan, Australia, and Brazil.
We invite you to learn more about us, connect with us, and grow with us here:
- Career Site: http://careers.reachlocal.com
- Blog: http://blog.reachlocal.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reachlocal
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/reachlocaljobs
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/reachlocal
- Hear from our employees: http://blog.reachlocal.com/reachlocal-services-spotlight-meet-some-of-our-marketing-experts
ReachLocal is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top