Regional Sales Manager
District of Columbia, USA; McLean, VA, USA Req #9526
Thursday, October 10, 2019
Regional Sales Manager - Washington DC
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. We are in growth mode and have been thrilled to expand our footprint in digital media with several exciting acquisitions, including ReachLocal, SweetIQ and Wordstream.
ReachLocal is leading the charge by arming local businesses with the online marketing solutions they need to take advantage of the Internet. And to keep up with our explosive growth, we're looking for an ambitious and motivated Regional Sales Manager to drive aggressive sales revenue.
This position requires someone with a strategic mindset and a tactical approach. In this role, you'll be on the front lines leading an established sales force to develop relationships with SMBs in your local market. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to provide a service that businesses really want and need, something you can truly believe in and be passionate about.
Ever sold a product or service you didn't believe was an asset to businesses in your local area? You won't find that here. Our market-leading portfolio includes:
- Search Engine Marketing (PPC)
- Display Advertising (Banner Advertising)
- Web Presence Optimization, including services for Organic Search, Social Media Marketing and Reputation Management
- A wide range of business services, including Online Chat, Video Production, and Analytics
If you're a razor-sharp entrepreneur and an assertive sales leader with experience in online marketing and social media, you might be just the person we're looking for.
Job Skills & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, hire and develop sales professionals and future leaders of ReachLocal in your local area
- Increase ReachLocal's customer base and revenue by targeting, acquiring, and retaining clients
- Represent ReachLocal and champion our brand through strong customer service, networking, and community involvement
- Develop and strategically execute a plan, identifying and prioritizing target verticals and key accounts throughout the local market
- Train and develop a sales force on the principals of planning their day-to-day call cycle, including prospecting and consultative selling
- Manage operational functions of the office and report sales metrics, growth, retention, anticipated churn and other critical data
- Conduct weekly sales meetings, highlighting training topics, concerns, recognitions, and accomplishments
- Minimum 3+ years' experience managing a team of 15+ outside sales representatives in the local marketplace
- Proven track record of successfully selling in a true business development role to small-to medium-sized businesses
- Detail- and process-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be passionate about the Internet, Digital Media and Social Media with the desire to learn more and ability to grasp new concepts quickly
Are you ready to join a company where you can have fun and work with some of brightest people in digital marketing?
Our mission is to help local businesses all over the world reach more local customers online. As a leader in powering online marketing for local businesses, ReachLocal has been recognized for outstanding products and exceptional employees, having won Google's Quality Account Champion in North America and Google's Innovation Champion Award in Canada.
We invite you to learn more about us, connect with us, and grow with us here:
- Career Site: http://careers.reachlocal.com
- Blog: http://blog.reachlocal.com/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/reachlocal
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/reachlocaljobs
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/reachlocal
- Hear from our employees: http://blog.reachlocal.com/reachlocal-services-spotlight-meet-some-of-our-marketing-experts
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven D.Account Executive
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top