Regional Director, Automotive Sales
Gannett is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. Our iconic USA TODAY Network brand, 109 strong local media organizations in 34 states and Guam and more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K. and ReachLocal, a digital marketing company. We provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. Each month more than 110 million unique visitors access content from USA TODAY Network and Gannett's local media organizations. USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
We have a Key leadership role as a Regional Sales Director for our Automotive Group responsible for building and leading high-performance automotive sales teams in Gannett's West Regional markets dedicated to providing comprehensive market solutions to businesses. You will be a part of an elite team of Auto leaders across Gannett working to develop company-wide strategies and maximize the use of data against this segment for strategic selling opportunities to grow revenue. In-depth knowledge of the Automotive industry is a plus but a proven track record of managing a segment and showing strong use of strategy to move the revenue needle is a must. Looking for someone that can demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity along with high level of strategy coupled with strong sales background. The West Group consists of 50 multi-media properties including; Republic Media (Arizona) Enquirer Media (Cincinnati), Star Media (Indianapolis), Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and Desert Sun Media (Palm Springs), RGJ Media (Reno), and CJ Media (Louisville).
This highly engaged leadership role warrants at least bi-weekly travel to other markets. It is preferred that this role resides in a major metropolitan area such at Atlanta, Chicago, Ohio, Detroit or near an airport within the geography of our properties.
- Work directly with West Group sales teams to provide direction and leadership in the development and closing of sales opportunities, providing expertise to directly drive revenue.
- Collaborate with Sales and corporate partners to execute programs that foster world-class sales management behavior, values, development, and best practices.
- Coach and develop local market sales leaders and teams (including manager and team meetings, one-on-ones, professional development, etc.) to generate world class sales multiplatform results and ensure plans and best practices are implemented and tracked.
- Direct management of Auto sales executives on interim or permanent basis as needed.
- Work with local market site leaders and teams to ensure the development and execution of highly effective property, team, and individual sales plans and strategies, including affiliate partners (ex: cars.com)
- Collaborate with HR business partners and talent acquisition team to recruit site sales leaders and sophisticated sellers focused on sales revenue growth and digital transformation.
- Provide consultation in key areas including sales strategy, sales structure and realignment, product portfolio/packaging/pricing, etc., to assist in overall revenue performance improvement.
- Lead performance management actions when necessary.
- Identify sales growth opportunities, as well as market challenges, and work with local sales leadership to develop and implement innovative action plans.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8-10 years senior sales experience with 5 years of sales management experience with a history of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement. The ideal candidate should be an automotive and digital sales expert with sales and/or account management experience who has a track record of helping companies grow in the face of intensifying competitive pressure and rapidly changing media consumption patterns.
- Results Oriented: Follows through on commitments; can be counted upon to successfully execute on goals. Meets deadlines. Understands the company's strategy for growth and recognizes opportunities for business growth.
- Strategic: Creates and communicates long-term vision, identifies short and long range goals, develop alternatives and plans, and commits to course of action to achieve the right balance of short and long-term wins.
- Analytical: Able to assess a problem or situation using effective logic. Uses important information to make logical assessments. Makes confident, timely, fact-based, decisions drawing on a broad range of resources. Acts on decisions with a sense of calculated risk-taking. Ensures others understand the decision before moving forward.
- Business Acumen: Builds internal and external customer confidence and satisfaction. Forms strategic relationships across the organization, builds consensus and effectively sells ideas and projects, and create results. Communicates effectively and works well as a team member. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and encourages innovation.
- Leadership and Talent Development: Communicates and models vision and values. Actively works to recruit, hire, develop, evaluate, and retain high performers. Defines roles and responsibilities, enables others to act, and holds self and others accountable for results, embraces diversity, change, and the team.
- Proven skills building a strong sales leadership team that recruits, coaches, and develops an outstanding team of sales professionals.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment. Proven agent for change.
- Enthusiastic and passionate, drives success through direct reports as well as "influences" and works effectively in a matrix environment.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
About Us: Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top