Gastonia, NC, USA Req #17224
Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
WE ARE OFFERING A $1,500 SIGN ON BONUS AND A STARTING HOURLY SALARY OF $18.00 AN HOUR
The Reel Tender is assigned to perform printing related tasks to support efficient press operations as needed to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety
- Inspect and properly stage newsprint rolls to allow first-in-first-out (FIFO) consumption.
- Document and report all newsprint roll transit or handling damage to press management.
- Stage & prepare newsprint rolls.
- Perform general maintenance including cleaning and compacting related equipment.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
- Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to press management and supervisors
- Provide timely and accurate reports and information to the operations team and management.
- Immediately report equipment issues to operations team and management.
- Communicate scheduling needs to press management and supervisors.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- English language fluency: speaking, reading, and writing
- Previous print operation or industrial materials supply support experience.
- Minimum two years of experience operating similar equipment.
- Forklift/clamp truck experience preferred.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office: Email
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.