USA TODAY NETWORK is a next-generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive. Gannett is a leading media and marketing company with unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. Our iconic USA TODAY Network brand, 109 strong local media organizations in 34 states and Guam and more than 160 local news brands online in the U.K. and ReachLocal, a digital marketing company. We provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. Each month more than 110 million unique visitors access content from USA TODAY Network and Gannett's local media organizations. USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
This Recruiter reports to the Director of Talent Acquisition, this role focuses on building either full life cycle or sales candidate pipelines; this position may be based in Michigan or Wisconsin.
In this role you will:
- Be a true "hunter" and find world class sales talent. Recruit passive candidates and gauge chemistry of candidates for fit and motivation rather than simply sell a role
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through proactive market research and on-going relationship management; conduct and turn passive candidates into active candidates.
- Articulate in writing recruiting plans with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process. Function as the recruiting point of contact for our clients
- Develop and implement strategies and initiatives that will drive the overall talent acquisition process, quality of hiring, and time-to-fill goals
- Make strong recommendations to the hiring manager on candidates to be interviewed and evaluated for positions within the organization
- Screen, and recruit to hire full-time positions with world-class talent
- Partner with hiring managers and HRBPs to forecast future recruitment needs, to identify external and internal talent, and align compensation
- Use a solid understanding of the company's tools, processes, protocols and knowledge to recruit experienced-hire to entry-level candidates
- Embrace the company's branding strategy in the recruitment lifecycle
- Work with manager, hiring manager team, and HRBPs to identify and address training needs in the areas of recruiting and selection
- Partner with HRBPs to ensure a seamless approach to talent management
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of recruitment experience with at least 2+ years of specialized recruiting in one of the following verticals: journalism, sales, IT/product, or marketing preferably from a corporate or digital environment
- High volume recruiting experience. Must be able to manage a workload of 20+ requisitions at a time
- Digital recruiting experience a plus
- Media industry experience a plus
- Strong knowledge base and prior experience in full life-cycle experienced hire recruitment
- General knowledge of recruitment/hiring laws and practices
- Ability to quickly adapt to and embrace new technology
- Excellent social media knowledge and skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Outstanding communication skills
- Strong customer focus and effective use of consultative approach with clients
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex recruitment and hiring issues with minimum guidance
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top