The Iowa City Press Citizen is looking for a Part-Time Receptionist to greet and direct visitors and employees as well as perform various accounting clerical and administrative duties.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the lobby area including daily open and close procedures. Greet and assist customers, visitors, and employees. Answer telephone and direct caller to appropriate individual and notify departments of visitors and deliveries, handling all requests in a professional manner. Balance and verify daily cash transactions for the cash register.
- Perform clerical and administrative accounting duties as assigned including data entry functions. Assist with special projects and overflow accounting work as requested.
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Here's what you need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years office environment experience with strong customer service experience
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
About Press-Citizen Media:
Press-Citizen Media, a part the USA TODAY NETWORK, is the leading source of local news and information through a variety of distinct local print, mobile and online products, including press-citizen.com. Through our combination of products, we have the possibility to reach and engage more than a million people. Press-Citizen Media is committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
Press-Citizen Media has a rich history dating back to the marriage of two newspapers — the Iowa State Press, founded in 1860 as a Democratic newspaper, and the Iowa City Citizen, a weekly Republican newspaper first published in 1891. The two papers merged in 1920. The Press-Citizen became part of Gannett Co. Inc. in 1977 and the longtime afternoon paper became a morning newspaper and published only six days a week. A Sunday paper, in collaboration with The Des Moines Sunday Register, was first published on Aug. 29, 1999. The Press-Citizen currently employs about 40 people, with news and advertising staff on site in Iowa City.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top