Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Quality Engineering (QE) team thrives in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Our focus is being the voice of quality from the engagement of product owners, developers, and designers to build better software by improving speed, efficiency, and collaboration during the development lifecycle.
As a Quality Specialist, you'll become an expert in the health and quality of back-end, web, and mobile applications. This role consists of running through manual tests, seeks to improve and identify gaps in quality, documenting testing strategies, and more.
The ideal candidate is someone who has prior experience with testing, has excellent attention to detail, and strong analytical and communication skills.
- Participate in team meetings (sprint planning, daily stand ups and sprint retrospectives, post-mortems and quality advisory boards)
- Execute test plans
- Write manual test cases
- Ensure traceability between test cases and requirements
- Proactively communicate with project members to resolve issues pertaining to test execution
- Efficiently document test findings
- Communicate test findings to Test Lead
- Create accurate bug reports
Tools and Technologies at Gannett | USA TODAY NETWORK
Tools and Technologies:
- Desktop and mobile browsers
- Browser Development Tools
- Network Capture Tools: Charles Proxy, Fiddler, HTTPWatch
- Test Management System: qaSymphony
- Defect Tracking: JIRA
- 60% Manual Testing
- 30% Documentation
- 10% Project and Test Engineering Team Stand ups
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills regarding story pointing/estimation, defects reported, test results and status.
- Experience using browser development tools, screen capture and network traffic tools
- Understanding of common testing strategies and heuristics (negative testing, etc.)
- Flexible to support occasional night/weekend testing, matching development team schedules
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top