Quality Assurance Analyst
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. We have a loyal following based on a combination of trusted, fact-checked journalism, paired with a deep commitment to helping our local communities, and constantly pushing our content delivery to be first-of-its-kind in the tech-space. This year alone we are hyper-focusing on using virtual reality to put our readers in the center of the story, exploring the 'what's next', and leading the conversation in how technological advancements can create better story telling to create change. And with 110 local properties around the country with USA TODAY at the helm, there is a huge opportunity to live in a city you love while making a national impact.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for the development and execution of scenario tests, resolving application requirements into scenario tests, and working with the development and product members. This role interfaces with product owners and other team developers to understand, gather and refine requirements into testing scenarios. It provides quality assurance guidance across all areas of the team to ensure delivery of high quality technical solutions and maintains strong expertise and knowledge of the product platform. The Analyst troubleshoots complex problems; works with other analysts, and mentors other developers on quality assurance practices.
- Analyzes end user requirements and customer reported defects to design and execute manual or automated test strategies across a variety of architectures and cutting-edge technologies
- Works with Product Design and Engineering teams to advocate for the development of high quality testable deliverables Works hand in hand with our development team while being part of a Quality Assurance community Designs, develops, executes, reports, and debugs functional, mobile, browser, accessibility and localization tests
- Estimates Level of Effort (LOE) for test/script development, test execution, and other activities central to their assigned tasks Collaborates with other team members and with staff on other teams and departments.
- Interfaces with senior QA staff and offshore staff to provide and review assignments, provide and receive training on feature functionality and test development techniques, and participates in quality reviews of test plans and scripts.
- Can represent and advocate for QA with other members of the Product Development team for the purposes of joint triage of defects, reporting test results, and making overall product quality assessments. Communicates progress and escalates issues to management in a timely manner
- 5+ years of progressing responsibilities in Quality Assurance.
- Experience with API testing Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience leading quality assurance projects and working with large (20+) development teams
Nice to Have
- Experience with CMS technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration pipelines
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to closely work with development team
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Flexible / able to adapt to changing environment
- Quick learner
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top