Public Relations/B2B Editor
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Grateful Ventures, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Public Relations/B2B Editor to design and execute timely, effective public relations initiatives. This editor will develop PR and media relations plans, while also cultivating business-to-business opportunities to help raise awareness of our brands and events, with the goal to generate coverage and timely buzz to help grow our audience and influencer base.
Our ideal candidate is creative, enthusiastic, organized and analytical, with strong personal sales skills and experience in both developing and executing strategic public relations campaigns.
- Develop and execute promotional activities for events, in collaboration with marketing, ecommerce, video, editorial and operations departments
- Research and propose new public relations and promotional concepts
- Write and edit a variety of materials, including website content, press releases, event summaries, video news release copy, media guide/kit information, etc.
- Assist in the development and production of various brand media kits and other materials
- Develop relationships with media outlets to arrange interviews, appearances, and other media exposure for the Grateful brand
- Maintain and distribute press releases for various Grateful departments
- Respond to, or direct, media inquiries in a timely fashion
- Assist PR/Marketing team members and other Grateful employees as needed
- Manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Travel to Grateful events as assigned
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, or related area or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of PR/Editor experience
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Creative news making abilities - conceive, frame and pitch stories
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and manage change
- Collaborative spirit, but self-directed and independent worker
- Excellent time- and project-management skills
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee discounts and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Grateful Ventures is an online media and publishing coalition, focusing on building content and monetization strategies for high value domains. Our creative collective brings together brightest minds in online media, with hard-earned expertise and deep intuition in business, design, development, branding, marketing, advertising, online media, videography and cinematography.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top