PT Editorial Sports Clerk
The Editorial Sports clerk provides support for the newsroom by writing, rewriting, assembling and publishing content such as scores, sports briefs, listings, calendars, and press releases for the digital and print platforms. The clerk will post content to social media as appropriate, edit and process video and handle photos. The clerk will write some stories. Knowledge of formatting agate and other elements of our CMS will also be part of the responsibilities.
- Write content for digital and print platforms. The content will meet all deadlines and be error free on a consistent basis.
- Writing, spelling, grammar must fit AP and local newsroom style.
- Accurately translate information provided via phone or email by coaches and then write follow-up content.
- Write and rewrite press releases into briefs that are concise while containing the most integral information needed.
- Write stories through contacting sources via phone calls or email.
- Handle and process photos and video for the website.
- Compile statistics, entering data into a website, and entering schedules.
- Format agate and other items in Newsgate to assist Design Studio.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Prior experience working in a daily newsroom is a plus.
- Knowledge of AP and SEO style
- Basic journalism skills (reporting and editing)
- Must embrace peer to peer feedback and training
- Organized and an effective communicator
- Twitter and other social media platforms
- Clerk will be trained on proprietary software (PrestoNext, Wochit, BrightCove, Newsgate)
Usual office environment which requires sitting, use of phone, and computers. Some opportunities for working on location from a sports event.
A valid driving license is required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top