Promotion Operations Specialist
Gannett's USA TODAY Network offers a rich portfolio that spans over 120 different local media organizations, and now tapping into specific expertise of more than 4,000 journalists to distribute seamless and meaningful content over its entire network. As a Promotions Operations Specialist, you will serve as a jack-of-all-trades with the Home Delivery sales team as promotional strategies are established and implemented. The Promotions Operations Specialist role is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative team responsible for engaging consumers with the USA TODAY Network. The candidate will set-up promotional rates and programs in Gannett's distribution and marketing systems, work with the digital team to set-up landing pages, test the promotion and troubleshoot issues, and pull any necessary reporting. The focus of this position is promotion operations but the position is growth-oriented for the candidate who offers or is interested in acquiring sales skills.
The candidate will work in a team environment with others in the same role and others that rely on this role. Candidates should be self-motivated and be able to hit the ground running, requiring minimal supervision or reminders. This role is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Daily/Weekly/Monthly Responsibilities Include:
- Evaluate new promotion strategies to ensure all aspects are considered.
- Rate code creation/modification utilizing internal analytics involving multiple variables and systems
- Set-up promotions in distribution and transaction systems.
- Liaise with internal teams to set-up promotion specific landing pages.
- Test and troubleshoot promotion landing page and process.
- Update internal customer service scripts to ensure customer questions are answered.
- Continual evolution of process streamlining
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years in marketing, operations or digital experience
- High degree of initiative and proven ability to execute, both individually and as a team
- Working knowledge of ION, Bounce Exchange and/or MG2 capabilities a plus
- Flexibility to collaborate and assist multiple sites to meet end goals
- Effective and creative problem solving and decision making skills
- Articulate and solid communicator; ability to bridge communication between technical and non-technical teams
- Capability to gather and filter complex data, providing insight related to analytics and revenue recognition
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, and able to multitask and prioritize
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required
- Located in the Cincinnati, OH is preferred
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top