The role of Project Coordinator supports the ad sales marketing team at USA TODAY. The role is responsible for ideating and creating marketing programs that boost USA TODAY's perception amongst agencies and advertisers. Position based in McLean, VA. This position reports to the Director of Client Solutions.
Project management, ideating and writing should be a passion-point for this role. As the news changes, so do our team's priorities; this role requires flexibility and a can-do attitude.
- Manage post sale execution to include: tracking and managing sold digital
and print sponsorships; communicating status and facilitating progress of sold sponsorships with internal Operational and content teams; managing merchandising print initiatives.
- Create brand materials used by National Sales team to include: managing library of sales materials (go to market presentations, research, toolkits); supporting the creation of editorial sponsorship materials that are visually engaging, cleverly written, and well-organized; updating decks to latest design template; creating eblasts and weekly as well as monthly newsletters for sales team.
- Manage and execute against B2B events. Responsibilities include: execute
on MediaXchange, CES, Cannes, and other live industry events; complete
post-sale events for advertisers.
- Ideate and create new ways to encourage agencies and clients to interact with the USA TODAY brand through our products such as: Virtual Reality, video and app.
- Day-to-day execution of ad sales marketing support to include: maintaining team budget and sales gifting.
- 1-2 years work experience preferred, but not required
- Excellent project management skills
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Speed in completing tasks effectively and efficiently
- Excellent communication and writing skills along with a keen visual sense.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines with the ability to adjust to changes in priorities
- Experience in PowerPoint and PhotoShop
- Ability to take ownership of a task and deliver it to completion
- Enthusiasm for news and for marketing a plus
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top