McLean, VA, USA Req #4677
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Program Manager is responsible for improving the speed, accuracy, and predictability of Commerce Solutions programs and projects to deliver organizational value aligned with the strategic vision through coordinated management of projects, subsidiary programs and other supportive work.
- Provide training to Commerce Solutions staff to ensure that standard program and project processes, procedures, and best practices are well understood.
- Mentor program and project managers as needed in the use of standard project management tools and practices, and assist in maintaining consistency in established standards and practices across Commerce Solutions.
- Conduct program and project performance analyses and recommend solutions if needed
- Assist the PMO in defining standard program and project management processes, procedures, and best practices
- Operate as part of a team; provide helpful feedback and guidance to team members; review output with manager and team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the overall program structure and management processes enable programs and projects to successfully complete and deliver anticipated benefits.
- Interact with project and other program managers to provide support and guidance.
- Collaborate with the Portfolio Office, governance bodies and sponsors to ensure alignment with organizational strategy and ongoing organizational support.
- Interact with operational managers and stakeholders to ensure that programs and projects have appropriate operational support and that the benefits of programs and projects can be effectively sustained.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- PMP Certification or equivalent work experience required
- CAPM Certification helpful
- Minimum of ten years of project management experience at increased levels of complexity and responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in training others in Project Management skills.
- Experience in Agile methodology helpful
- Knowledge of issue tracking systems such as Jira and ServiceNow
- A highly skilled individual contributor with broad expertise or unique knowledge.
- Contributes to development of company objectives to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- May supervise the activities of others.
- May require some travel
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
- Technology/Equipment Expertise or Proficiency:
- Working knowledge of PC's and/or Macintosh's as well as common office software applications.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top