Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
We are seeking a Program Manager to join our Product Team with a successful track record of implementing Agile frameworks through continuous improvements with a servant leadership approach. This role will be working closely with Product and Tech leadership to drive best practices of Agile/Lean methodologies to ensure program delivery, manage risks, and remove impediments for the teams. The Program Manager will be a change agent and a champion for ensuring the teams feel empowered and equipped with the skillsets to succeed in their projects and drive toward empowering the teams to self-organize through your coaching. This candidate will be considered a subject-matter expert, have excellent logic and problem-solving skills and bring disclosure and transparency to the business while growing business trust. The Program Manager will anticipate technical and scheduling bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and otherwise ensure that features are ready for development. This candidate will also play a critical role in ensuring the people, process and technology is in alignment for successful execution of key organizational goals.
Agile Program Management:
- Program Manager is a more technically-focused counterpart of the Product Manager, with responsibility for guiding the framework for delivering output for all teams involved. A Program can be closely linked with a single organizational goal, and generally consists of several interrelated projects.
- Program Managers will drive the high-level roadmap of features for their respective program and should communicate the vision and harmonize work of each project manager in the program.
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Coaching, implementing, and promoting Agile best practices and standards across the delivery teams.
- Responsible for guidance to the team around creating and maintaining backlogs, managing artifacts, as well as facilitating key agile ceremonies for the team such as sprint planning, sprint demos, or retrospectives.
- Through inspection and facilitation of grooming or road-mapping sessions the program manager will Identify and remove impediments, hold team members accountable for their commitments, raise dependencies and take a pro-active approach to manage risks.
- Documentation of best practices for team working model, agile framework, intent intake process, and risk mitigation process.
- Track and communicate key agile metrics as defined by program.
Process compliance and Continuous Improvement:
- Coaches and influences continuous improvement on team as well as other peers in the organization.
- Utilizes feedback and agile metrics (cycle time, lead time, quality, system utilization etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Maintain process documentation.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, code quality, defect rate and team member performance.
- Identify steps and plan to take development teams to the next maturity model for delivery through creative and continuous improvement.
Liaison & Communication:
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
- Communicate with other management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues and status.
- Develops and maintains relationships across program components and is responsible for the planning development and the delivery of programs.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Advanced degree a plus.
- 6+ years People + Project Management experience required.
- 6+ years of experience facilitating Agile teams on technology projects required.
- 5+ years of experience using JIRA/Confluence required.
- Proven IT experience including experience with Agile software developmentmethodologies, namely Scrum and/or Kanban.
- PMP or PMI-ACP certification preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Scaled Agile Frameworks, e.g. SAFe.
- A deep understanding of continual delivery methods (automation pipeline,test driven development), and DevOps culture.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top