Production Maintenance Machinist
Indianapolis, IN, USA Req #8812
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
Production Maintenance Machinist
This position is for a Journeyman Machinist, working 2nd shift.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Production Maintenance Machinist will troubleshoot and repair various equipment associated with the printing press process, including, but not limited to printing presses, packaging equipment, building
support systems, plumbing, pneumatics, vacuum, hydraulic, ink supply, and solvent cleaning systems.
The Machinist will also maintain equipment readiness through planned preventative maintenance, and may be required to fabricate parts, brackets, shafts, etc. as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot mechanical machine failures by disassembly and inspection of components.
- Utilize technical documentation (prints, manuals, specifications, etc.) to aid in troubleshooting.
- Determine root cause of failure and correct condition to prevent reoccurrence.
- Repair failure by examining alternative methods of repair.
- Develop, document, and perform preventive and predictive maintenance tasks to maximize equipment reliability.
- Operate machine shop equipment, such as, lathe, mill, drill press, grinders, welders, etc.
- Install and Repair copper/PVC/black iron pipe systems.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of industrial machinery operation.
- Advanced knowledge of bearings, gears, drives, power transmission, pumps etc.
- A strong working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, drawings and schematics.
- Strong mechanical and trouble shooting skills.
- Verifiable machining capability, lathe, milling, turning, etc.
- Welding, brazing and soldering capabilities a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as work alone, sharing information and knowledge.
- Must possess own tools to perform the work required.
- Proficient in working with various hand and power tools
- Ability to operate a forklift truck is a plus
- Capability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to lift 50lbs., bend, kneel, and otherwise preform all other physical requirements related to machinery repair
- 5 years' experience working as a Maintenance Machinist/Mechanic in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top