Tucson, AZ, USA Req #9680
Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 140 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include the USA TODAY and more than 260 daily local newspaper brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, WordStream, and ThriveHive and U.K. media company Newsquest. There's never been a better time to join our talented team. Visit Gannett.com/Careers to learn more!
The Arizona Daily Star seeks an innovative, motivated, results-focused Product Coordinator to join our Distribution team. This position will provide distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to our contractors while performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities including delivery of newspapers. The position requires flexibility to work varied days and hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Responsible for accurate distribution of all product, including
pre-print down to the route level through delegation of direct reports.
- Open Distribution Center and prepare for independent contractor
arrival by preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork.
- Utilize industry-specific software to handle required reporting for center.
- Complete required documentation and reports for center as needed.
- Assist with delivering newspapers as needed.
- Maintain and audit supplies sold to contractors.
- Responsible for accurate distribution of all product, including pre-print down to the route level through delegation of direct reports.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
- Valid driver's license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills required for a fast-paced environment.
- Computer proficiency and the ability to utilize computer software including Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to routinely lift and move bundles up to 30Ibs.
- Previous newspaper or distribution/warehouse experience.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
The Arizona Daily Star in Tucson, Arizona is the only local newspaper covering local breaking news. It has a tradition of serving the residents of Southern Arizona for over a century. As the home of the University of Arizona, Tucson also is rich in cultural diversity and a commitment to educational excellence. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top