Product Manager III
- New York, NY
- Flexible / Remote
- Peoria, IL
- Brewer, ME
- Waltham, MA
- Cadillac, MI
- Abilene, TX
- Concord, NH
- Lakewood, NJ
- Delaware, OH
- Reedley, CA
- Payson, UT
- Sebring, FL
- Scottsville, VA
California, USA ● Florida, USA ● Illinois, USA ● Maine, USA ● Massachusetts, USA ● Michigan, USA ● New Hampshire, USA ● New Jersey, USA ● New York, NY, USA ● Ohio, USA ● Texas, USA ● Utah, USA ● Virginia, USA ● Virtual Req #12697
Friday, February 26, 2021
Product Manager - Display Applications
What We Do:
Gannett is a next generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive. We own and operate the USA TODAY Network, which is comprised of the flagship brand and 267 local newspapers, such as the Arizona Republic, Austin Statesman and Indianapolis Star. On a monthly basis, the desktop/mobile websites and native apps for those media properties attract more than 150 million unique visitors, generate nearly two billion page views, and 100 million video views.
What You'll Do:
The Product Manager has ownership of specific software applications that power unique and innovative aspects of our ad product suite. Will work closely with Sr Management and other stakeholders to develop and manage a product roadmap that executes on the strategic vision of the company. Responsible for articulating our product strategy, priorities and vision to team members and other internal stakeholders. Will leverage a subject matter expertise in display advertising to ensure that developers have the requirements and all information needed in order to improve existing and build new applications that support this business.
The Product Manager works closely with software development teams to define requirements, acceptance criteria, groom backlogs, prioritize features, and conduct user acceptance testing. You will be expected to grow the value and utility of your products in a dynamic, fast moving marketplace, with success measured by product specific KPIs. To succeed in this role, you must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, and the personal drive and charisma to make your vision a reality. Outstanding communication and organizational skills are a must.
We are looking for a confident, dynamic leader who will:
- Take ownership of scope definition, feature prioritization, and crafting user stories to ensure product development stays aligned with business needs.
- Work in an Agile environment on rapid product iterations, validating key hypotheses and assumptions, making pivot vs. persevere decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to refine requirements, resolve conflicts, and remove impediments for development teams.
- Create clear and measurable KPIs related to the timely creation and enhancement of high-quality products that support critical business objectives and multiple stakeholders.
- Partner with User Experience and Software Engineering leads on research and discovery.
- Meet deadlines, resolve problems quickly, and effectively prioritize competing tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Think critically to analyze and solve complex business problems.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders through open communication, status updates, timely response to requests, and proactive resolution of potential issues.
- 1-2 years of experience in a product role or 2-4 years experience with display advertising in a project, operations or other relevant capacity
- Understanding of relevant web design and development technologies with the ability to translate business requirements to engineering teams.
- Experience using data and metrics to independently test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success with attention to detail.
- Experience with Agile software management tools and development methodologies.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to effectively present and explain results with quantitative information.
- Team player capable of learning quickly, adapting to change, and problem solving.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top