Product Handler – Part-time
Gannett Publishing Services, located in Rochester, NY is recruiting for a part-time Product Handler for the Democrat and Chronicle working up to 29 hours per week. This individual provides distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to our contractors while performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities including delivery of newspapers. Position requires flexibility to work varied days and hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Distributionand handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailersand consumers.
- Unloadand load trucks containing various print publications.
- Open thedistribution center and prepare for the independent contractor arrival by preparingand distributing specified reports and paperwork.
- Utilizeindustry-specific software to handle required reporting for center.
- Generalhousekeeping of distribution center.
- Completerequired documentation and reports for center as needed.
- Assistwith delivering newspapers as needed.
- Maintainand audit store returns from contractors.
Valid driver'slicense, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, andliability insurance required. Strongorganizational and communication skills required for a fast-pacedenvironment. Good computer skills includingMicrosoft Office. Good time managementskills. Good verbal and writtencommunication skills. Must be able topush and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 500 pounds withassistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
GED / High SchoolDiploma
Previous newspaperor distribution/warehouse experience preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top