Product Handler 1 – Part-time
Gannett Publishing Services, located in Johnson City, NY is recruiting for a part-time, Product Handler for the Press & Sun-Bulletin working up to 29 hours per week. This individual provides distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to our contractors while performing a variety of tasks and responsibilities including delivery of newspapers. Position requires flexibility to work varied days and hours including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Distribution and handling of daily and non-daily products to carriers, haulers, retailers and consumers. This also includes weekly processing of insert packages.
- Unload and load trucks containing various print publications.
- Open the Distribution Center and prepare for the independent contractor arrival by preparing and distributing specified reports and paperwork.
- Utilize industry-specific software to handle required reporting for center.
- General housekeeping of distribution center.
- Complete required documentation and reports for center as needed.
- Assists with delivering newspapers as needed.
- Maintain and audit store returns from contractors.
Valid driver's license, satisfactory motor vehicle record, dependable automobile, and liability insurance required. Strong organizational and communication skills required for a fast-paced environment. Good computer skills including Microsoft Office. Good time management skills. Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to push and pull carts loaded with newspapers weighing up to 675 pounds with assistance and repetitively lift newspaper bundles weighing up to 25 pounds.
High School Diploma / GED
Previous newspaper or distribution/warehouse experience preferred.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top