McLean, VA, USA • Virtual Req #16370
Thursday, December 9, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Data Intelligence Analyst, B2B Products will serve as a key influencer and champion for the use and management of information and analytics to drive and measure company performance, specifically tied to our B2B Product organization. This position will effectively manage information from a variety of sources, surfacing product insights and recommendations that will drive customer growth and engagement.
This role is a key partner to senior leaders within the B2B Product organization and will work collaboratively with the other B2B analysts focused on research and marketing analytics, on the broader Data Intelligence team. The Data Intelligence Analyst, B2B Products will play a role in understanding the company's data needs and developing/enhancing a supportive analytics strategy for the B2B organization, helping map data collection strategy, and providing best practices for implementation and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with senior Product leadership to enable the vision and delivery of a data-informed product strategy, working alongside our B2B Product Development, UX and Design teams
- Consult with key decision makers on their business and product goals and recommend meaningful metrics and KPI's to ensure that analyses remain actionable and responsive to specific business needs. Inform them of business trends and performance related to their line of business.
- Provide analytical reporting and analysis with summarized key insights and recommendations to improve and optimize audience and revenue performance across a variety of digital products and teams.
- Translate your data insights into features or strategic recommendations, partnering with business stakeholders such as UX, Design, Research etc.
- Manage and leveraging large and complex data sets
- Work within and collaborate with a team of digital analysts on joint analyses and presentations as needed.
- Communicate analytical findings and reports in a simple way with advanced presentation/visualization "story telling" capabilities
- Aid in design, measurement, evaluation, and recommendations of A/B testing around new product ideas or approaches.
- 5-7 years in data analytics, or business intelligence roles. Product analytics/organization work preferred.
- Experience with Adobe or Google Analytics
- Knowledge and experience in collecting data from various data sources and validating, combining, structuring, storing, distributing, analyzing, and reporting data and trends
- Practical ability to translate data points into trends and insights that are meaningful for stakeholders and executive management in meeting their goals, and measuring the performance of their products/business
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze data, decipher trends, and develop and explain the story behind the numbers
- Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Expert communicator in written and verbal form; ability to work well with executives, technologists, and able to lead and influence across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, very collaborative and environment
- Highly driven self-starter, motivated, and detail oriented