Producer/Video Editor, USA TODAY Franchises
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Producer / Editor - Franchises and Special Projects
The USA TODAY NETWORK seeks a Producer / Editor to join its expanding Franchises and Special Projects team. The team is responsible for creating best-in-class, brand-defining series and special projects for an array of audiences and platforms.
The Producer / Editor, Franchises and Special Projects will be responsible for developing, pitching, producing, and publishing video franchises and features for desktop, mobile and social platforms. The Producer is a creative, passionate storyteller with a sharp attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Producer is digitally savvy and is comfortable crafting stories ranging from news-driven features to socially-fueled segments and everything in between.
This person will write, edit, and produce content; field and assess pitches; and stay ahead of industry trends. He/she will be responsible for regularly tracking video performance on a daily basis using Omniture and other analytics tools and using this data to make informed decisions to about format, approach and promotion of content.
The Producer / Editor will be a hands-on leader and excellent communicator, with the ability to interface with editors, producers, journalists, product teams and members of the sales team.
- Develop, pitch, produce, and edit video franchises and features for desktop, mobile and social platforms.
- Manage publishing process and optimize content promotion for multiple platforms.
- Regularly assess video performance using Omniture and other analytics tools, using data to make informed decisions to about format, approach and promotion of content.
- Identify and produce packages of video content to support NETWORK objectives as needed, including breaking news and special coverage.
- At least 3 years of professional experience, including producing experience and digital content experience.
- Demonstrated creativity for unique series-driven approaches to a variety of topics, platforms and audiences.
- Strong editorial decision-making skills.
- Online writing and producing skills.
- Understanding of Web technology, CMS systems, digital video, digital audio, streaming, video editing, and Web analytics.
- Experience with 360-degree video and VR, such as pre-production, storytelling techniques, post-production, and distribution is a plus.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top