- Newtown, PA
Langhorne, PA, USA Req #16015
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The planner works as part of a statewide team (New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Delaware/Maryland) in the Atlantic Region of the USA Today Network to devise digital and print plans for 37 dailies, 60 weeklies and more than 45 digital sites.
The planner guides efficiently and effectively the flow of local content into both the DOT and Design Studio to ensure optimal placement in both digital and print platforms. The planner is responsible for producing a rich content plan each week for various digital and print publications (both daily and weekly). Planners must be adept at managing multiple publications and platforms, working to plan a variety of stories on a multitude of topics.
Planners must coordinate closely with newsrooms in the region, as well as the DOT and various design studios to ensure strong home pages, push alerts, newsletters, front pages and section covers that reflect the interests of the audiences specific to the audiences served by the different platforms.
Planners must promote effective communications through technology and adapt quickly to changing deadlines and breaking stories. They must enforce and meet deadlines.
- Creates a digital plan for assigned newsrooms
- Creates a print plan for assigned sections and publications
- Disseminates a daily digital and print plan to key managers, the DOT & Design Studio
- Keeps a running list of enterprise stories
- Substitutes for other print planners as needed
- Collaborates in development of digital and print editorial projects
- Collaborates across departments, including but not limited to the DOT, design studios, digital newsrooms, photo departments and ad layout.
- Reports to the State Team Leader but is authorized to make independent decisions as warranted.
- Bachelor's in Communication, Journalism or equivalent experience and education
- Previous planning/editing/page layout preferred
- Frequently makes independent decisions related to planning without assistance from supervisor
- Knowledge of today's news landscape as well as issues of local importance
- Able to collaborate with other writers and editors, meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks.
- Proficient in communications, team player
- High-level analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify breaking news and other developing stories.
- Ability to handle an unpredictable and demanding schedule in today's round-the-clock news cycle.
- Researches and analyzes a variety of topics.
- Collaborates with digital and studio teams to ensure a complete print report for various markets.
- Is knowledgeable of the topics of interest for the specific markets assigned to the planner.
- Works with multiple staffs to produce on deadline for multiple markets each day.
- Ability to work with Microsoft Teams to communicate effectively across multiple properties
- Ability to use CUE and Presto.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top