- Fond du Lac, WI
Fond du Lac, WI, USA Req #16667
Wednesday, June 16, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Publishing Services
Fond du Lac, WI
Action Printing is looking for a Pressroom Supervisor in Fond du Lac, WI.
Assign and supervise work of all press operations employees. Must be able to handle moderate personnel and administrative functions. Is responsible for supervising, leading and coaching, maintaining equipment, good communication and coordinating operations schedules/functions within the department along with surrounding departments.
Must be quality conscious, able to troubleshoot press related problems, lead a team to produce the best possible product under strict deadlines. Must be a strong leader, professional, courteous and timely in every interaction.
Scope of position can include, but not limited to managing policies and procedures, processes, equipment, and production etc. for newsprint, plate and press, and occasional packaging department. Must be able to make effective decisions for the welfare of the company and customers while maintaining a safe work environment.
• Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Team building and coaching.
- Supervising tasks and delegating assignments.
- Maintaining production and employee records.
- Ensure production requirements are met.
- Effective communications.
- Must understand press imposition.
- All other duties as assigned by press manager.
- High School.
- Experience and training in a newspaper pressroom.
- Mechanically inclined and full understanding of the printing process.
- Leadership workshops.
- Minimum 5 years on the job training in newspaper press room.
- Experience in a lead or supervisory position with strong leadership skills.
- Must understand OSHA guidelines.
- Must have offset press knowledge.
- Ability to coach and lead employees to meet and exceed production standards/goals.
- Team building.
- Computer experience.
- Effective communications.
- All other duties as assigned by press manager
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top