Pressroom - Press Operator III
- Cherry Hill, NJ
Cherry Hill, NJ, USA Req #10935
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Press Operator I - part time
Gannett Publishing Services, located at Cherry Hill, is recruiting for a part-time Press Operator. This individual performs printing related tasks that include preparing the presses for production, operating the presses, cleaning the presses, maintaining the mechanical readiness of the presses, reel set-up & operation; newsprint staging; roll preparation; plate processing; spotting plates; basic black ink setting; equipment maintenance; and specified reporting.
• Work as part of a press crew to coordinate press/plate operations.
• Request, deliver & stage newsprint rolls, set-up reels.
• Prepare approved paste patterns for all roll sizes, use web kites/devices as applicable, monitor automatic pasters and/or make hand pasters, facilitate butt roll consumption, and stage waste.
• Densitometer calibration & operation
• General press maintenance to ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use
• Complete required press and reel room documentation
Good verbal communication skills. Must be able to lift/carry up to 100 pounds and push/pull up to 2000 pounds. A press operator spends most working hours on his/her feet. In addition to long periods of standing, a press operator is required to climb stairs on a press structure. Operators engaged in press maintenance and some cleaning activities will be required to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Color vision is required. Mechanical ability and familiarity with computers is preferred.
GED/High School Diploma, vocational training helpful.
Experience in web offset printing is desirable, although production experience of any kind helpful.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top