Press Reel Tender
- Columbia, MO
Columbia, MO, USA Req #12850
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
PRESS REEL TENDER
Gannett Publishing Services
The Reel Tender is assigned to perform printing related tasks to support efficient press operations as needed to achieve and maintain on-time production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational safety.
- Unload, inspect and properly stage newsprint rolls to allow first-in-first-out (FIFO) consumption.
- Document and report all newsprint roll transit or handling damage to press management.
- Deliver, stage & prepare newsprint rolls.
- Assist with reel set-up and operation.
- General maintenance including cleaning clamp/fork truck and compacting related equipment.
- Assist with waste newsprint recovery, disposal & recycling.
- Assist with newsprint inventories.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
- Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to press management and supervisors
- Provide timely and accurate reports and information to the operations team and management.
- Immediately report equipment issues to operations team and management.
- Communicate scheduling needs to press management and supervisors.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- English language fluency: speaking, reading, and writing
- Previous print operation or industrial materials supply support experience.
- Minimum two years of experience operating similar equipment.
- Forklift/clamp truck experience
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office: Email
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top