Press Operator IV
Press Operator IV
Gannett Publishing Services
Great Falls, MT
Under direction of the press manager, performs duties necessary to the coordination of the pressroom web press operations. Assists with operations to meet the departments goals of productivity, quality, web press, press maintenance /repairs, using EOP and soft proofing, outputting of plates for press runs, loading and unloading newsprint rolls, load/unload delivery trucks as needed, safety and service. Press operator IV has at least six year or more years of working experience on an offset press. Has skills that allows working on own to hand plates, make plate moves, set ink, web newsprint paper skills, have strong skills to do all maintenance and most repairs on press.
A high school diploma is required with some advanced education preferred. Must have previous pressroom experience with successful completion of a six-year training program. Good mechanical skills. Basic Computer skills.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity.
Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and flexible scheduling.
Good eye-hand coordination for working with equipment, parts, colors, tools, and paper.
Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and able to effectively supervise personnel.
Knowledge of press layout and colors.
- Knowledge of electronics, pneumatics, viscosity of oil, greases, and ink.
- General knowledge of safety precautions for press/CTP area.
Hearing protection is required in this area when equipment is in operation. When using degreasing liquids, it is necessary to wear a face shield or chemical goggles whenever there is the possibility of splashing or spraying of materials into the eyes or onto the face area.
- Must be able to distinguish colors clearly (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black & RGB colors).
- Physical requirements; able to stand for up to eight (8) hours, repetitive climbing of stairs, push one sheet fed paper skids using skid jack pallets, lift/carry ink canisters/kits weighing up to 40 pounds less than 20 feet. Sitting at times for computer tasks up to 2 to 4 hours at a time.
- Be able to lift stacks of sheet fed paper to load and unload off of sheet fed press.
- Make plates for specific jobs on the CTP equipment.
- Fill in bindery/packaging as needed.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Drive fork lift truck for paper moving.
- Clamp/Forklift operation.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top