- Appleton, WI
Appleton, WI, USA; Fond du Lac, WI, USA; Milwaukee, WI, USA; Oshkosh, WI, USA; Sheboygan, WI, USA; West Bend, WI, USA Req #10689
Thursday, April 30, 2020
Gannett Publishing Services/Action Printing
Fond du Lac, WI
Action Printing expects the Prepress (EPP/Prep) Supervisor to: act at all times to assure the highest level of personal performance possible, work enthusiastically to meet or exceed all performance goals and help the Action Printing achieve its goals of being the best provider of printing services in the industry.
The EPP-Prep Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all electronic and prep department equipment according to the rules and procedures established.
The EPP-Prep Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all staff assigned to EPP/ and Prep operations. Such supervision will include coaching, training and motivating for top performance as well as assuring conformance to the rules and procedures established by Action Printing and documented in the Employee Handbook.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains staffing levels as well as schedules vacation and personal days based on workload.
- Maintains only needed staff. Manages down to the lowest practical staffing level in order to control costs and motivate continuous improvement.
- Establishes and maintains employee morale and pride in the company.
- Maintains and monitors department's efficiency and waste measurements.
- Reviews daily shift summary reports of all employees on a daily basis. Makes necessary corrections as needed.
- Ensures that department's equipment is properly maintained.
- Audits payroll hours weekly.
- Ensures that proper personnel forms are completed accurately and on time.
- Holds regularly scheduled monthly meetings with employees.
- Encourages employee involvement and solicits employee suggestions.
- Disciplines employees consistently and fairly using the four-step progressive discipline system.
- Responsible for the safety of each employee
- Provides a safe, clean and orderly work area.
- Ensures the necessary supply of all departmental consumables is maintained.
- Audits the accuracy of departmental expenses on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that a qualified substitute has been trained and is able to fill in your absence.
- Maintains excellent intra-departmental coordination and insures the teamwork at Action Printing.
- Devises methods of work to simplification, process improvement and cost reductions.
- Remains technically current in area of expertise and financially evaluates new systems and equipment.
- Completely orients new employees.
- Responsible for cross training all employees to perform a minimum of two different jobs. Performs other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Good documenting, process measuring and communication skills. Working knowledge of PC as well as spreadsheet and word processing software. Thorough knowledge of Covalent MIS system. Full understanding of the lithographic process. Experience on the job to perform satisfactorily: 2 years.
- Five-year's experience in an electronic pre-press department
- Excellent knowledge of Mac and PC computer platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of file server software and hardware.
- Complete understanding of pre-flighting, imposing, trapping, RIP'ing and outputting of electronically prepared input from customers.
- Working knowledge of film and platesetters.
- Working knowledge of digital color proofing systems.
- Working knowledge of scanning devices.
- Full understanding of conventional prepress systems and technology.
- Full understanding of Quark Express, Pagemaker, Photoshop, and Illustrator software.
- Full understanding of the FDP file format.
- Working knowledge of XmR process control charts
- Perform database backup as scheduled to assure minimal loss of data in the event of catastrophic crashes in the data storage systems.
- Troubleshoot, debug and maintain the network server as necessary to assure production uninterrupted by unscheduled downtime. Perform periodic diagnostics of hardware in the prep area assure optimum performance at all times.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top