The Great Falls Tribune, part of the USA Today Network, seeks a part-time photographer/videographer for its fast-paced, digital-first newsroom. This staff member focuses on creating compelling photos and videos In addition to strong photography skills, videography skills are a must. Hours can be flexible and will include some Saturdays.
Among the responsibilities of the photographer/videographer:
- Creates and develops visual storytelling across multiple platforms, using photography and/or videography to inform, engage and entertain fan bases.
- Acts as a public ambassador through community outreach and connects with readers through social media.
- Collaborates with other staffers and others to shape storytelling that will meet audience interests and needs.
The ideal candidate for this position possesses the following qualities, knowledge or skills:
- Bachelor's in Communication, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
- Internship or previous experience in the job duties preferred.
- Experience with multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography).
- Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software and Adobe Photoshop.
- Self-motivation and self-direction.
- Industry knowledge.
- Organizational skills.
- Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Knows how to use time efficiently in a 24-hour news environment.
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training.
- Applies innovative, creative thanking to support the company's goals.
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style.
- Command of media law and Principles of Ethical Conduct.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top