Arkansas, USA • Fort Smith, AR, USA Req #18312
Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Are you a creative, visual storyteller? Comfortable with both photography and videography? Are you passionate about acting as a public ambassador through community outreach and connecting with readers through social media? Do you love collaborating with others to shape storytelling that will generate audience interest?
If you answered yes, keep reading.
The Times Record in Fort Smith, Arkansas, a member of Gannett Co., Inc. and the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for photographer/videographer to join our digital-first team.
In this role, you will:
Create quality multimedia storytelling using photography, videography and text that accurately informs, entertains and engages our audience.
- Use audience metrics to assist in making coverage decisions.
- Demonstrate high command of techniques and sophisticated craftsmanship in photo/video storytelling and community engagement. Act as a community watchdog in this area of expertise.
- Collaborate and connect with the community through visual storytelling and outreach.
- Work with editors and other journalists to evaluate what's working and what's not, and develop ongoing plans to better satisfy audience needs.
- Work on special projects and perform editing of visuals when needed.
- Provide great customer service, helping our audience find answers and solutions.
- This job will include evening and weekend work.
- Degree in communications, journalism or equivalent experience and education
- Internship or previous experience in the job duties preferred
- Experience with multimedia storytelling techniques on multiple platforms
- Exceptional core photojournalism skills (reporting, photography and videography)
- Ability to use basic and advanced computer programs, including but not limited to video editing software and Adobe Photoshop
- Deep understanding of and curiosity about competition for our customer's time and money
- Be self-motivated and self-directed
- Organizational skills
- Understanding of social media and how to respond and engage fan base on digital platforms
- Be an effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities
- Be able to multitask and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- Know how to use time efficiently in a 24-hour news environment
- Must embrace peer-to-peer feedback and training
- Ability to apply innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals
- Proficient writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style skills
- Command of media law and USA TODAY Network Principles of Ethical Conduct
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license with a good driving record, proof of insurance and their own transportation.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee's race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant's disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals' application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.'s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.